Sunday, April 6, 2014

How To Make Fashion Work For You

I don't know about you but as we usher in a new season, I always feel like updating my look. I know shopping can be an emotional experience when you don't feel like you have many options. But I am here to day to tell you that you do.

People have always commented on my clothing and accessories, I attribute it to my love of statement pieces and a good sense of what woks for my body. Many of our plus size sisters are guilty of either cloaking their bodies in ill-fitting fashion to hide what they don't like or squeezing themselves into unflattering pieces not meant for the plus size body.


Her version:
 

 

  My version:


Take note of the colors that you see in rotation and trends that are deemed fashionable. As a plus-size diva, I always think of how the trends will translate for my body type. For instance, when the nautical look exploded all I could think was "horizontal stripes are NOT for me" but color blocking is! I figured I could use the nautical colors and create my own spin.

The next time you browse through a magazine or stroll through a store take a minute to think how you can make it work for you!

 Stay Gorgeous!











No comments:

Post a Comment