Sunday, March 2, 2014

Let your inner fashion diva shine!


Hello Gorgeous,


It's been awhile since we've talked and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am!!! Natasha and I are bringing Because I'm Gorgeous back, BIGGER and  BETTER than ever! But we'll tell you more about what we've been up to April 15th!!! So, look forward to the "Grand Reveal" of our new blog.

So, on this beautiful Monday I want to talk about letting your inner "Fashion Diva Shine"!

Have you ever found your entire closet on the floor and strung across your bed? All because you were looking for that perfect outfit! Looking for something new! But what if ...that something that  you were really looking for wasn't found in the closet but rather on the inside. Your ensemble is merely a reflection of innerself...in my humble opinion.
 
Last week I stumbled across this little wonder, Miss Mayhem and she is a diva in every sense of the word. This little girl finds a trend and recreates these couture pieces out of what's in reach: magazine pages, construction, tape , colored pencils etc. So, it was only logical that I  dedicated this Monday post to this little lady, that let's her little light shine!!!
 
 
 
My Caption: Yasss Honey!!!
 

 (Picture from fashionbymayhem.com)
 
Do you feel it? Are you Inspired? Do you see the fashion sunshine peaking through?
 
Not yet, then let me give you these quick little tips that will have you shining so bright you'll need shades ; )
 


 
 
First........
 
You have to BELIEVE there is a light in you that is burning soOo bright, it needs to be released in some form of expression and why not fashion! What is this light you ask? It's SELF LOVE! It starts and end here!
 
Second.........
 
Find what FIT and FLATTERS!!! When you shop make sure you know what fits* your body. The key to that is trying different styles, patterns and designers. Let me say that being 6ft tall has come with its challenges, such as, finding appropriate lengths. I encourage you to befriend a seamstress. It's worth the invest and its not expensive for basic alterations.
 
 
Third................
 
COMPLEMENT yourself FIRST! Don't wait for others to affirm what you should already know and feel about you. Look in that mirror and say: " I look Good" , "Don't hurt'em gurl", "_______insert your name____, you look beautiful!"   Be kind to yourself ; )
 
I'm against :Verbal-Self Abuse!!!
 
Fourth...................
 
Smile! Yep, it's just that simple! Well, put some lip gloss, tinted moisturizer and a little mascara too!


No comments:

Post a Comment